The Child Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to lessening the trauma experiences by child victims when abuse allegations are investigated.
Services of the Child Advocacy Center
- A safe, child-oriented facility to serve abused children through assessment, intervention and counseling efforts, as well as providing other community resources to prevent trauma.
- Provides education, support and other services to families of abused children to assist them in regaining maximum functioning.
- Establishes a neutral location for community agencies and professionals to meet for case coordination and review.
- Facilitates coordination and tracking efforts to a professional multi-disciplinary team to increase prosecution of offenders.
- Provides a non-threatening environment for a forensic interview with the child to obtain an audio/video recording of the alleged statement of abuse.